Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hidden in Plain Sight


Paris can be kind of coy.  Her people take a while to warm up to you (or at least to understand your pathetic attempts at speaking French) and lovely spots are often hidden behind locked gates.  Short person that I am, I walked past this entrance many times without noticing a thing.  Then one day, riding the bus and perched high above my usual vantage point, I noticed the staircase and greenery within.  These residents seem to have the best of both worlds -- close to the action on the street but buffered from the noise and fumes.  Pas mal.

2 comments:

Starman said...

There is so much that is hidden behind seemingly uninteresting doors in Paris. The courtyard of my apartment building is an example: http://flic.kr/p/9WEZKj

Anne said...

Welcome back to Paris, Starman. Sorry about the heat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails