Monday, March 1, 2010

Kudos

Since customer service is not assumed in France, it's important to give credit where it's due. My hat is off today to the folks at the RATP, the authority which runs public transport in Ile de France.

Believe it or not, my husband and I both managed to lose our Navigo cards, our unlimited passes to mass transit, within a few days of each other. Pulling my card out of my bag as we arrived back in Paris from London on Friday evening, I was thinking that I needed to get a replacement for the cracked plastic case. Tomorrow, I said to myself. By the time we got to the metro entrance, not five minutes later, my card had slipped out of the case, lost underfoot in the crush of humanity at Gare du Nord.

But no matter. The lady at the Montparnasse branch of Le Club RATP (open on Saturdays and Sundays!) was all smiles and within minutes, both of us had a fresh Navigo pass in hand, no questions asked. Well played RATP. I'm a fan for life.

5 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Fantastic service :-) Well done to the lovely lady.. and open on Saturday and Sundays, that is brilliant!

debbie in toronto said...

good customer service in France...impossible..haha....lucky you Anne

Starman said...

When the mood strikes them, the French can be very helpful.

Lora said...

What a great story!

PreteMoiParis said...

I agree, i love that they replace passes so fast and so easily. The RATP is one of the est run underground systems in the world too, cleaned daily and always checked for technical issues. One of the reasons why they close at night is to check the system.
:-)
I like your posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails